Friday, May 9, 2014

april into may: v&a exhibit // the spaniard // my last days in west hampstead

I actually can't believe it's May already. This year is flying by but I can't complain…there is nothing I love more than British summer. And I've heard this year is going to be even better (and hotter) than last!

Last week marked the end of April and beginning of May, and to be honest it was all rather uneventful. Last Sunday, I met my friend Maya at Muriel's Kitchen in South Ken for brunch. I've walked past this place a hundred times (it's literally next to/attached to South Ken station). It was great food - we had the breakfast sandwich and blueberry pancakes - and so nice to see Maya and catch up! Afterwards, we went for a little stroll past the museums. We parted ways, and I walked up to Old Brompton Road to run a couple errands. Then I went to the V&A Museum with Allison to see the 'Glamour of Italian Fashion' exhibit. Pictures weren't allowed inside, but I'm actually glad. I would definitely encourage any girl who is remotely interested in fashion to go. The clothes were absolutely breathtaking and pictures wouldn't (and couldn't) do them justice.






The work week flew by, mostly thanks to the tube strike. This affair easily adds an extra hour to your commute. By Friday, I was ready for a glass of wine (or 3) and a good dinner in West Hampstead. The girls and I went to Big Easy for our 2-for-1 drinks and then I made my way back for dinner at Mill Lane Bistro. I was feeling brave, so I ordered the frog legs! I had never had them before, and always heard 'they taste like chicken'. It's true, if you think chicken tastes a bit fishy. Anyways, I was only able to eat one before deciding that they just looked too much like a frog to keep eating. I know…I'm weird.



On Saturday, I woke up bright and early to get some much needed packing done. I also had the brilliant idea of trying to eat at all my favorite local spots before my big move on Monday. I walked past Kitchen Table but they were rammed, so it was off to Wet Fish Cafe for brunch. After brunch, Adam and I made our way to Hampstead to meet Ali, Paul and Emily. We all strolled down to the park, past Kenwood House, and eventually ended up at The Spaniard.



a few snapshots from west hamp




kenwood house



baby with a beer!
the city skyline peeking through
Saturday ended with a trip to the Everyman cinema in Hampstead to see 'Bad Neighbours'. The movie was alright but I love the theater and it's atmosphere.

It was a gorgeous week, and I'm hoping the weather only gets better from here!
xx
K

No comments:

Post a Comment