Sunday, June 29, 2014

hammersmith apollo // shrimpy's // hyde park

So this past week at work was absolutely mental. I don't remember the last time I felt so busy/overwhelmed. Our school year finishes in a week and a half, but before it ends we are being inspected. This is standard in all UK schools so our situation is no different. But coupled with the fact that we all have reports to write, end of year activities to plan, and have to continue to do our day-to-day duties, we are all just a little stressed out. I'm actually laying in bed right now, resting since I woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat.



Anyways I'm sorry I've been a bit neglectful with my blog the last couple of weeks but work is my excuse! I'll start with last Wednesday (not this past one, but the one before!) when Adam and I went to see Penn & Teller at Hammersmith Apollo. I got him tickets for his recent birthday, and he was so excited about seeing these magicians! I had never really heard of them before meeting Adam, but they are really popular over here in the UK (even though they are American). It was a lot of fun, and a really good show!


On Friday night, a group of my co-workers/friends all went out to try another restaurant on 'my list'. (by the way I am going to share my list on the blog soon!) The restaurant is Shrimpy's located on the canal a 5 minute walk from King's Cross station. They serve pan-Latin food; soft shell crab, humita, chorizo. It was different, but I absolutely loved what I ordered - the Humita with fried eggs and chorizo. 

humitas





After dinner at Shrimpy's, we walked over to Caravan King's Cross for some drinks outside. It was such a gorgeous night and we had to take full advantage of the beautiful weather!





On Saturday, I went clay pigeon shooting with friends…you can read about it here. It was a lot of fun!

Sunday rolled around (too quickly, like always!) and Adam convinced me to get out in the sun and come to Hyde Park. Him and a few of his friends went swimming in the Lido but I just went and laid out by the Princess Diana fountain. After a little while, I got bored and decided it was time to go for a little walk around the park.





After their big swim, the boys were hungry so we all decided to grab an ice cream at the park. That wasn't enough to satisfy this lot though…so we made our way to Hard Rock Cafe. I haven't been to a HRC since I was a teenager, so this was a once-in-a-decade experience for me. It was fun, just me and the boys, eating our junk food and singing along to the music!

London summer is in full force now and I am trying to take advantage of it!
xx
K

No comments:

Post a Comment