Monday, April 13, 2015

the big 3-0

A few weeks ago, I turned the big 3-0. I'm not going to lie...it was a day I was dreading for a long time. And I don't know exactly why, but I felt pretty scared about the whole situation. A few months ago I made a comment to Adam and it went something like this: 'I do not want to plan my own 30th birthday party, but I do want something to happen!' Poor guy. He took this silly little comment and ran with it, planning me the BEST 30th birthday I could've ever asked for.



My actual 30th was on a Wednesday and in true adult fashion, I had to go to work. It was a lovely day filled with cards and flowers and crowns made by very sweet little students. I felt very loved and happy to have spent my day with my wonderful co-workers (and friends)!



That night though was what it was all about. About a month ago Adam was extremely pleased with himself and he couldn't hold in his little secret anymore. He bought us tickets to see Sam Smith on my birthday at Brixton Academy. Guys, if you ever get the opportunity to see Sam Smith you should definitely go. He is so incredibly talented and even better live! We had a delicious dinner before hand at Three Eight Four in Brixton.




On Saturday, my American girls took me to a bottomless brunch at Bad Egg. Our food was amazing and the yummy mimosas kept flowing! It was a fantastic little spot to celebrate with some of my favorites. Afterwards, we walked down to St Paul's for a bit of shopping and a drink at Madison's on top of One New Change. I love the views from up here.

After our drinks, Ali and I went to Blow Bar at Camden Passage to get our hair done for that night! This was a rare treat and I absolutely loved the way my hair looked. 

So at this point, I still had NO idea of where we were going or what we were doing that night. Everyone had done so well at keeping their mouths shut. I obviously knew something was happening though! When I got home, Adam couldn't keep it a secret anymore. He had a big night out in Camden planned...first stop was the Edinburgh Castle pub and then off to the Blues Kitchen for some live music and dancing. I was so excited and felt so loved by my sweet boyfriend and all my wonderful friends. 










Towards the end of the night (and after quite a few drinks), I went up to Adam and gave him a big squeeze and found myself having a little cry. I have never felt more loved by so many wonderful people! Thank you so much to everyone who helped me celebrate the big 3-0. I think it's going to be a pretty great year. 

xx


(a very special thank you to Bethany who was the designated party photographer!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment