Friday, May 30, 2014

keeping it real // blogging

Over the last (almost) two years, I've had many people ask me why I started this blog and why I continue to do it. I am always fascinated at the interest people have in this part of my life, because to me it's like keeping a photo album or a journal of my experience here in London.

When I first started the blog, I didn't have Facebook. I knew I was about to move to a new country and not really have a way to share what was happening in my life, share my pictures, etc. To me, the blog was like sending out one of those monthly mass emails to my family and friends and saying 'hey check out what I've been doing!' For the first year or so, I was pretty shit at keeping up with the blog. I blame it mostly on the fact that I was in a full time Masters program, working, and trying to have a life and make new friends. Once I got settled into a new job and completed my dissertation, I had a lot more time to take pictures and to write; making it a lot easier for me to commit more time to the blog.

I get emails from friends and family a lot saying that they are reading it, that they love the way I write (thank you!!!), and that they really enjoy it. The truth is, I love writing. I love taking pictures. I love going back and reading about the things I've done and the places I've been over the last two years. I keep doing it because I hope that in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years I will be able to look back and relive all the wonderful memories I made.

I'll definitely be staying in London for at least another year and it's a bittersweet feeling. I am really excited to stay and continue on with this adventure. I am definitely not ready to be done with traveling and I am hoping to make a lot of trips over the next year.

So for now, I will keep blogging. If there's anything you want to know about me, questions you want to ask about London or places I've been, leave a comment on my blog or email me at kristen.dobbins@gmail.com

xx
K

this is a first in a series of posts i am going to go called 'keeping it real'. i don't often rant about the way i feel about certain topics and issues on this space, but i have an opinion about some pretty important things and i'd like to share those thoughts with you guys, my readers. i hope you'll enjoy it. x

No comments:

Post a Comment