Thursday, February 13, 2014

the week so far // ffiona's & flat white & taylor swift

Sunday morning I rolled myself out of bed to go to brunch with my friend Allison (fellow UNCW/ADPi alumnae) at a gorgeous little cafe/restaurant called Ffiona's (located on Kensington Church Street). Don't ask me why it has two F's...I have no idea. I will tell you this though; the brunch is incredible. Neither of us were in the moods for cocktails at 11 am on Sunday but the owner told us that they do half price drinks at Saturday brunch. So we will definitely be going back.
brunch menu

my blueberry pancakes and allison's french toast

After stuffing myself with blueberry goodness, I ran a few errands before meeting my other friend and fellow UNCW alum Jennifer. She has lived here for 5 + years so she always knows the good spots. We decided to meet at FLAT WHITE in Soho. A few before, Jennifer told me about how the coffee there is so good because it's Australian. Now I thought to myself "I didn't know Australian coffee was any good" but I was wrong my friends. I got a flat white and it was one of the best coffees I've had. It's super small in there and very crowded but if you can snag a table up, it's definitely worth it.


After we finished our coffee, we decided to enjoy the beautiful evening (no rain!!) with a stroll around Soho, China Town and Covent Garden.


chinese new year decorations in china town
On Tuesday night, me and a few of my American girlfriends went to the O2 centre for the Taylor Swift concert. This is actually the third time I've seen her in concert. We were pleasantly surprised to walk in and find out that our tickets were on the floor level - we were only about 20 feet away from T Swiz the whole time. It was so cool seeing her perform in a different country. She came out at one point in this adorable t-shirt that said 'I *heart* UK'. The truth is, people here really do love her! It was amazing to see how many fans she had. Her concert was awesome and even though I didn't know a lot of her new songs, I loved dancing and singing to the old ones. I have some pretty embarrassing videos of me and my friends 'singing' (AKA screaming) along to her and Ellie Golding. I will spare everyone the embarrassment though and will keep the video to myself! 











Tomorrow night, I'll be going to see Book of Mormon and holy cow, I am so excited! My friend is coming from the States to visit and while he's here, I'll be going to some of the best restaurants in London (honoring my NY resolution of trying new places!) Expect a big post next week.

xx




No comments:

Post a Comment