Thursday, June 27, 2013

a new job

This post will bring a smile to my face (and hopefully one to your's too). I am VERY happy to announce that I have found a job in London, as a teacher, and working with children who have special needs. I seriously couldn't be more ecstatic about this new adventure!

I will be a full time teacher starting in September. From now until the end of the school year, I am working as an assistant and intern and learning the ropes of the school. The school is in probably the most beautiful part of London (Chelsea) located near Sloane Square and right off of Kings' Road. My new students are simply incredible and I feel blessed every day that I get to be a part of their lives. The children all have severe special needs (including Williams syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy) but they each have these amazing personalities! Its truly beautiful. I am sure that as this blog continues on, you will hear me speak about these little ones a lot.

I will share as much as I can but I already know that it'll be hard! They have amazed me so much in just 4 short days so I know that every day will hold something special and exciting for me and them. This also means that I will be staying in London for at least a couple more years. I am very happy that this has happened as I am not quite finished with this amazing adventure I've been on! :) So please come visit if you can! I have a day bed and a sofa with your name on it!

Sending loads of love from London xoxo
K

No comments:

Post a Comment