Tuesday, October 2, 2012

my first day at school (for the final time)

Well...maybe for the final time! If you know me, you know I love learning and love school. I anticipate that once I have my Masters in Special and Inclusive Education, I'll be ready to throw in the towel!

Anyways, today was my first day at the University of London's Institute of Education. My campus is right next to a beautiful park called Russell Square in central London. I spent the whole day inside though - attending sessions and learning what it means to be an "international" student. At one point I couldn't help thinking "this is really weird to be the foreigner in a country". Sometimes I forget that England isn't America because they really are SO similar!

I made a few friends and met two really nice girls who will be doing the Special Education program with me. It was fun and exciting meeting new people - especially since they come from all over the world!

I worked yesterday again in a "reception class" (reminder - these are four and five year olds). I had another great day with a whole group of little cuties! Their accents are just too much. They keep me smiling all day!

One word that I love that Brits say is "cheeky". From what I've been told "cheeky" is another word for naughty. Well yesterday one of the little boys was playing in the classroom and kept saying "oh you cheeky little monkey!" to one of his friends. It was so funny to hear that come out of a 4 year old's mouth! :-)

I also have some exciting news to share - I HAVE FOUND A FLAT! It is SO nice, in a great neighborhood, and I got a great deal on it! I had a leasing agent (a real estate agent) helping me and he was so nice. I decided to get a one bedroom flat. The girl I was going to live with from Canada has decided she isn't going to come to England for another few weeks. I couldn't wait any longer....I'm ready to get settled into my own place instead of living out of a suitcase. I'll be moving into my new place this weekend. When I do, I'll post some pictures!

Lots and lots of love,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment