Tuesday, October 9, 2012

good things come...

...to those who wait.
I have always thought of myself as a very patient person. I understand that sometimes you have to wait for the things you really want. But let me just say that these last few months have been a serious test of my patience!
I'm still waiting to move into my flat. The paperwork is taking almost a week to process when I was told it would only take two days. I'm also still waiting on my money from the US to transfer to my UK bank account. It's been two weeks now and I've been told it can take up to 8 weeks!
So, hopefully by the end of this week I will be in my new flat and will have my bank account all ready to go!

On a different note, I was asked to choose my courses that I wanted to take in the spring term. I had five options but was only allowed to choose two. They all sounded really interesting! In the end, I chose "Psychology for Special Needs" and "Inclusive Pedagogy". Both classes will help me to better understand students with special needs and the best way to teach them based on their individual needs. This term, I take two courses that are required by all students in my program. They both sound really interesting. I am truly excited about my course and learning more about students with special needs.

I joined the gym yesterday and that made me feel really good! Little things like that make you feel more settled in a big city.

That's all the news I have for now!
Lots of love,
Kristen xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristen! I am so glad you have this blog so I can keep tabs on you and your new London life! I'm glad you're getting settled, even though it's taking longer than expected. Anyways, just letting you know that I'm thinking about you! Good luck with your classes!
    xoxo, Laura Edwards

    ReplyDelete